from Deanie's Seafood
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 dozen oysters, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Peccorino Romano cheese, grated
- 3 cups coarse unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups oyster liquor
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Melt the butter over medium heat. Sauté the onions, celery, green onions and garlic until tender, stirring frequently. Gradually add the chopped oysters. Cook about 4 minutes, constantly stirring. Add the parsley; stir. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cheese and pepper; stir. Remove from the heat and begin stirring in the bread crumbs a little at a time. Add the pecans and oyster liquor and stir. Cover and let stand for 3-5 minutes. Salt to taste. The dressing can be stuffed into the fowl of your choice, or it can be served as a side dish with seafood. To serve as a casserole, spoon the dressing into a buttered casserole dish, sprinkle the top with unseasoned bread crumbs, dot with butter and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Yield: 2 quarts, about 8 servings.
Take that oyster dressing to the next level by topping it with a few fried oysters! Delicious combination!
- 1/4 cup TryMe Oyster & Shrimp Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup milk
Mix well and refrigerate for 3-12 hours. Coat seafood, then deep fry in hot oil. Makes enough batter to coat 2-3 lbs. of seafood.